Econvalue Consult and its founder, Gemechu Desta, have undertaken a wide variety of projects in the past. Below are a list of some of them:
- Tracking Trends in Ethiopia's Civil Society Sector (TECS) - Through Atos Consulting and DFID Gemechu oversaw all activities of the program while working closely with the Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency.
- Support to the Ethiopian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EEITI)
- Higher Education Research - An analysis of lessons from China's higher education system.
- Private Equity Fund Research - A feasibility study about establishing a private equity fund for SME's.
- Support of Quality Certification - Through the Chamber of Skilled Craftsmen of Rhein Mein Gemechu supported Ethiopian companies in ISO and other quality certification processes.
- Established a Regional Financial Advisory System - This was completed for regional economic and finance development offices.
- Feasibility Studies - A variety of studies done for the Oromiya Regional Government over the course of five years.
- Assessment of Irrigation System - A study done for the Tigray Regional Government about food security.
- Microfinance and Project Management - A variety of tasks and responsibilities for the Beneshangul Gumuz Regional Government.
- Private Sector Development - Done through German and Ethiopian partnerships over the course of two years.